The neigbourhood and neighbours
Sergelgatan took a power nap.
Now it’s awake and kicking again.
Sergelgatan has always managed to find new ways of remaining one of the city’s most interesting spots. Cultural events have taken place here, new business ideas have come to life and visitors have gathered here to fill their shopping bags, as well as their senses and tummies with culinary experiences.
Sergelgatan happened to snooze for a while. But now we are back! Wide awake. Passionate. And ready for a 360° turn-around. It is high time Stockholm’s number one parade street to regain its well-deserved place in contemporary Stockholm.
The number 1 place in Stockholm.
Sergelgatan is framed by The Concert Hall, the cinema Filmstaden Sergel, the food market Hötorgshallen och the design hotel Haymarket at one end, and Stadsteatern Kulturhuset, (the Stockholm House of Culture & City Theatre), at the other. Already today the street is bustling with energy and life. New brands are moving in alongside new businesses and offices. Sergelgatan is growing into a high street of happenings with an international flair and a limitless mix of culture, shopping and gastronomy.
SERGELGATAN – RIGHT IN THE CENTRE
- A Broader scope of cafés and restaurants, for example Bastard Burgers, Italienskan and Hötorgets Kvarterskrog
- More shops, for example Arkivet, Designtorget and Didrikssons
- New experiential concepts such as for example the world’s largest gaming centre Space, The Avicii Experience, The Paradox museum of illusions, P.U.S.H. Skate park and Sergelgatan’s Art centre
- The newly renovated Sergelterrassen – an oasis for tenants and visitors
- Two new entryways to the buildings, the one between building #1 and 2 is covered with glass
Sergelgatan will be all finished in 2022.
Sergelstan is shaped here and now
– by us, by you and by everyone else.
A part of Sergelstan.
In 2014, Sergelstan started to change. All around Sergels torg, Brunkebergstorg, by Hötorget, Sergelgatan and along Hamngatan, buildings from the 50’s and 60’s have been completely renovated and rebuilt to offer welcoming hoods embracing shops, restaurants, cafés, service and all kinds of attractions. Indeed, it is the most complete make-over during the past 50 years and, as such, a historical transformation of the city, where property owners and the City of Stockholm together have invested more than SEK 15 billion.
”Our vision is to offer a modern, buzzing street, filled with shopping and activities – around the clock.
GABRIELLA HAMMOND, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RETAIL AT VASAKRONAN
Here and there in no time.
- Hötorget, 1 min
- Central Station and Citybanan, 4 mins
- Arlanda Express, 7 mins
- Stockholm’s Central Station, 7 mins
- Bus: Several bus routes depart from Kungsgatan, Sveavägen and Hötorget.
- Underground: Direct access to Hötorget’s underground station through the lobby
Interested in an office?
Fill out our form and we will get in touch right away.